Professional Examination Exemption
Holders of professional business qualification such as listed below can apply for exemption from Level 1 and or Level 2 of the Institute’s examinations. However, such exemption must be applied and paid for by such applicants.
- Association of Certified International Investment Analysts (ACIIA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA)
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ACA)
- Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN)
- Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- BSc, HND and equivalence.
You MUST apply for any exemption(s) prior to applying for your examination.
If your qualification is not on our list of approved qualifications, the Institute will assess your particular qualification on a case by case basis. An exemption is only considered in respect of educational or professional qualifications which contains relevant content to the Institute’s programmes. You will need to provide evidence (transcripts and detailed course syllabus) that you have studied all the material included in that paper’s syllabus to a level equivalent to that required by the CIS Examiners before the exemption can be granted.
If your qualification is listed, please send in a copy of your qualification certificate or statement of results with your Exemption Application, so that a confirmation letter of your exemptions can be issued to you. All students must apply for exemptions prior to enrolling for an examination.
You can send an email to us about the status of your exemption application.
Please reference the exemption policy for all current information on the Institute’s exemptions.
How do I apply for an exemption?
Read the exemption guidelines to see what exemptions you are entitled to.
Fill the exemption application form with all the necessary information. You can download the exemption form here.
Please note that your application will not be processed, if the form is completed incorrectly i.e. exemptions sought not identified, fee(s) not included (or incorrect fee(s) included) or where payments and or transcripts are not attached.
Applicants must attach copies of the certificates/statements and/or transcript of results from the awarding institutions showing the subjects taken in each year and the grade attained.
Eligibility for exemption will be determined on application and the qualification must be obtained by written assessments. Applications for exemption must be accompanied by the correct fee. Students must submit applications for exemption on or before December 5 and June 5 for March and September Examination Entries respectively.
Professional Diploma Exemption
Holders of CIS Stock Market Agent Certificate (SMA) are eligible for exemption from Module A, Stage 1, of the programme.
If you possess the CIS SMA certifcate, you can download exemption form here