There are five categories of CIS membership. These are Student, Graduate, Associate, Fellow and Honorary Fellow.
Our programmes have indeed opened the doors of opportunity to millions of aspiring and promising Nigerians looking for global opportunities and right career progression in Securities & Investments profession.
Graduates are individual students who have successfully completed our professional examinations but are yet to be admitted as Associates of the Institute. The Institute’s professional qualification is recognised both within and outside Nigeria as a professional business qualification. While Graduates may participate in some activities of the Institute, they cannot not hold office or vote in the Council election. Graduates are not eligible to trade on the floor of the Exchanges in Nigeria or use any designatory letter.
This is the first level of the Institute’s full membership and members are authorised to use the designatory letter of “ACS” which stands for Associate of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers.
Procedure for Associate Membership Upgrade
Click here to log into online Membership Application form or download the Associate Membership Application Form here. Alternatively, the applicant may collect the application form from our office and complete every part of it with the usage of “Not Applicable” where necessary.
All supporting documents to be submitted must be sighted by a referee and it is important to note that approval of such applications by the Council of the Institute is subject to satisfying all the necessary requirements. Induction of new Associates takes place during the Annual Stockbrokers’ Conference in October of every year.
- Applicants must be in good financial standing with the Institute.
- Completed Application Form (recommended by two member-referees in good financial standing).
- Two attestation letters from the current and any of your previous employers.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three passport photographs with white background (size must be 2×2 inch (51х51 mm), minimum of 150dpi.
- Evidence of completing the Institute’s professional examinations – CIS Final Statement of Result or Dealership/Clerkship Certificate.
- Payment Evidence of ₦200, 000 for the application form, plaque and seal, Current year Annual Subscription & Pre-induction Seminar. In addition, all outstanding balances should be paid.
Fellowship is the highest and most prestigious level of membership and members are authorised to use the designatory letter of “FCS” which stands for Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers.
Procedure for Fellowship
Click here to log into the online Fellowship Application form or download the Fellowship Application Form here. Alternatively, the applicant may collect the application form from our office and complete every part of it with the usage of “Not applicable” where necessary.
Associates of at least five years standing may be elected as Fellows and approval of such applications is subject to satisfying all the necessary requirements for Fellowship as determined from time to time by the Governing Council of the Institute. Investiture of fellows usually takes place later in the year during the Annual Awards & Dinner night
- Must be Associates for 5 years and should have spent 10 years as a graduate of the Institute.
- Completed Application Form (recommended by two member-referees in good financial standing who must be fellows of the Institute and one of which must be a Council member).
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three passport photographs with white background.
- Copies of Associate and Dealership/Clerkship Certificates.
- Evidence of payment of ₦260, 000 which comprises application form, plaque, and Investiture fees.
- Evidence of payment of Annual Subscription.
Honorary Fellows ( FCS (Hon.) )
Individuals who, in the opinion of the Council of the Institute, have distinguished themselves and made immense contributions to the profession and the securities and investment industry may be awarded Honorary Fellowship status.